- About Us
- Funeral Plans
- Funeral Notices
We understand that many people have concerns about how they are going to meet the cost of a funeral and what the timeframe is for settling their account with us. Examples of funeral costs can be found below together with details of our flexible payment options. We have based the examples shown on the current cost of an attended cremation service (£3277.00). You can view our Standard Price List and other examples here.
Please note, unattended direct cremation services are excluded from the following options, for direct cremations payment must be made in full prior to the cremation taking place.
Your funeral director will discuss the funeral costs with you and provide a verbal estimate as part of your discussions, this will also be noted on our Client Agreement Form. If the funeral arrangements are made during a face to face meeting with a funeral director, our Client Agreement Form will be completed during that meeting. If the arrangements are made over the telephone, a digital copy will be forwarded to you. Our written estimate and confirmation of the date and time of the funeral will follow as soon as is practicable after the arrangements are confirmed.
If you are unsure how you will meet the cost of the funeral you have arranged with us, please speak with your funeral director or a member of the Crake and Mallon team. We are here to help. If you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit you may be able to make a claim the Funeral Expenses Payment from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). You can find out more about this payment here.
We accept payment by debit card, credit card, bank transfer (BACS), cash or certified cheque payments.
Payment in full at least 3 days before the funeral takes place. Should you choose this option we would deduct £95.00 from our professional service fees.
Payment of 40% deposit at least 3 days before the funeral takes place. The remaining 60% balance to be paid within 28 days of the date of our invoice (after which interest charges may apply).
A monthly instalment option is available through our credit provider (full details on request). Please advise us at the time of making the arrangements if you wish to choose this option.
I would highly recommend this company, from start to finish nothing has been too much trouble, they have taken care of our family’s wishes at this difficult and sad time, we are forever grateful, it was a wish from our mum to choose this company and she certainly chose wisely, many thanks to Kevin our funeral director and Emma and the office team.
I would like to thank the amazing staff in taking care of my dad. The support and service was excellent in every way and the organisation and focus on every detail can only be described as excellent. My mum who is in a wheelchair was accommodated so well and supported to say goodbye Highly recommended and a special thank you to Lee and Louise
We cannot recommend this company highly enough. From the very first phone call to the final goodbye, they were right by our side, even though we were based "long distance" due to Covid19 rules. Chris Black was kindness personified, and we will always be grateful to him for his help, compassion and professionalism. Huge, huge thanks to all
Have used this firm twice recently I would like to express how pleased I was with the service, having to organise funerals is never easy but with the assistance of Christopher Black it was made so much easier. The compassion & professionalism he displayed will never be forgotten. He is a huge asset to this firm, thank you so very much.
Having used Crake and Mallon recently on the passing of my dad, I just wanted to express my thanks to them. All staff were amazing, dealing with us with such care and empathy, nothing was too much trouble and Lee was superb. Dealing with everything and guiding us at each step and making such a devastating time for us a little easier. Much respect to all at Crake and Mallon, thank you!!