Funeral Service Operatives
- The role of the Funeral Service Operatives is varied but involves the removal of the deceased from private residences, nursing homes and hospitals.
- The preparation of coffins and the care and dressing of the deceased.
- It can also involve duties such as pall-bearing and driving as part of the funeral cortege.
- Staff are also expected to work out of hours, although this is on a rota system.
- The above list of duties is not exhaustive but merely a general indication.
- Applicants would be expected to have a good level of English and Mathematics together with a full clean driving licence.
- Excellent personal skills and the ability to handle situations with sensitivity and understanding are essential.
We have no current vacancies within this department.